Monday, November 16, 2015

Framed Christmas Wreath


I love the Christmas season! The colors, smells, festive atmosphere, baking, music and cheer!
When I was a child my mom used to give us craft supplies and have us make homemade gifts for our relatives and friends. 
Those are fond memories of my childhood. I am extremely thankful my mom took the time to show us that a little creativity and a bit of time, can make a meaningful gift.
Now I enjoy passing down those creative Christmas gift giving skills with my children. 

This beauty isn't a Christmas gift, but very well could be!
I have been itching to try a burlap wreath for some time now and wanted to add some holiday fun to it. 

Recently, I was introduced to BloomNation and was inspired to share my ideas on floral decor. If you haven't heard of them, they are a flower delivery service that supports local florists through their online marketplace. It is a pretty neat set up. 

Walking through the Dollar Tree the other day, I saw a bunch of pretty flowers there. Snatching them up, I knew exactly what I was going to do with them!



Here is what I started with…


I painted a frame white and sanded to distress it. 


Next, I looked up some tutorials on making a burlap wreath. Since I am a visual learner, this youtube video made it a breeze.



Then I folded a small piece in half and used it to hang the wreath from the distressed frame.








Using floral wire, I attached the flowers and berries to the burlap. 
I was trying to avoid hot glue, so the wreath can be reused. That's the thrifty side in me! ;)



I also added this neat metal letter L (from Hobby Lobby) to personalize it more. 





I LOVED how the frame turned out! It adds just the right touch!




View from the back.


We traditionally wait till the day after Thanksgiving to put up Christmas decor. This pretty wreath is tempting me to start the decorating early!


How about you? Have you started decorating for Christmas yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...