Friday, February 15, 2013

Banana Muffins (Dairy Free)

 
This banana recipe is an all time favorite at my house! If your family is like mine they will eat them as fast as they come out of the oven. I found this muffin recipe at greenmamaspad.com.  I did modify it slightly, leaving out the nutmeg and using whole wheat white flour instead of all purpose flour. 

 Ingredients
1 ½ cups whole wheat white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup oil

Directions: 

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Use muffin liners or lightly grease the muffin pan. 





     (Ahh! Please ignore how horrible my non-stick pan looks.... I only use it with liners since it has lost it non-stickiness!)


2. In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon).



 Mash the bananas and beat together with the egg. sugar, vanilla and oil in a second bowl.





 3. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture.


  Be careful not to over mix. Spoon into muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.


Yep definitely time to replace the pan...blah! I was cringing as I edited the photos!


4. Bake in preheated oven. For mini muffins bake about 12-15 minutes. For full size muffins, bake about 18-20 minutes. Insert toothpick into center of muffin to test. 

Enjoy some dairy free goodness!

 
It feels great to find new recipes that I can feed my no dairy girl! Let me know if you have a non-dairy family favorite! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...